All meeting dates are posted on the FWCBD's Meeting Calendar.
FWCBD ADVISORY COMMITTEES
- Street Operations, Beautification and Order
OTHER COMMITTEE & Community INVOLVEMENT
- Retail Strategy Task Force
- Monthly Police Community Meetings
- Community Police Advisory Board
- Fisherman’s Wharf Merchant’s Association
- SF CBD/BID Consortium
- SFNexTstop - Central Subway Advocacy
- The Embarcadero Enhancement Project
- Business Federation Meeting
- Fisherman’s Wharf Waterfront Advisory Group
- Port of San Francisco & BCDC Planning Study
MARKETING / DISTRICT IDENTITY & STREETSCAPE IMPROVEMENTS
The Marketing Committee works to promote visitation to Fisherman's Wharf. The Committee focuses its attention on approving the annual marketing plan and overseeing its execution. The committee will advise on management of current media assets including the website, social media, brochure, etc. The committee will make full use of limited funding by capitalizing on earned media opportunities with local press and travel journalists. The Committee will oversee all district events including Wharf Fest, 4th of July, and Fleet Week. They will also try to secure sponsors to supplement the advertising budgets. The Committee will also provide recommendations on communication strategies between the CBD and tourists, locals, industry members, media, the event & meeting planner segment, and the community.
Committee Info: The Marketing Committee meets the second Tuesday of the month at 3:00 p.m. at FWCBD office at 2801 Leavenworth Street.
Chair: Jason Williams, Hotel Zephyr
The goals of the PIERsafe Committee are:
- Creating an emergency and preparedness plan for the community
- Recruiting new community members to become NERT (Neighborhood Emergency Response Team) certified
- Holding an emergency response training exercise within the participation of businesses and residents in the Fisherman's Wharf community participating
- Increase the involvement from the community in the PIERsafe program
If you are interested in ensuring that your business, staff and home are prepared in the case of an emergency please contact our office to become a PIERsafe member.
Committe Information: The PIERsafe Committee meets the second Wednesday of the month at 9:00 a.m. at the FWCBD Office.
Chair: Al Casciato, Gold Dust Lounge/Bovis Foods
Street Operations and Beautification
The goal of the SOBO committee is to ensure that the Fisherman's Wharf community is "Clean and Safe". The following are managed by the SOBO committee.
- Pedestrian Way Finding Signage
- Annual Steam Cleaning of Streets (Land-side CBD)
- Annual street maintenance (Land-side CBD )
- Graffiti Abatement Program (Land-side CBD)
- Security & 10B Police Evening Coverage
- Fisherman's Wharf Ambassador Program (Block By Block)
- Community preservation and history
Committee Information: The SOBO Committee meets the second Thursday of the month at the FWCBD office at 2801 Leavenworth Street at 3:00 p.m.
Chair: John Cannizzaro, Jefferson Building, Inc.
Sustainability / Zero Waste
The Sustainability Committee was formed to help assist the Fisherman's Wharf businesses and residents reach the city's goal of becoming 100% sustainable by the year 2020.
Committee Information: The Sustainability Committee meets once every two months at the FWCBD Office.
Chair: Jay Edwards, Port of San Francisco
The goal of the Transportation Improvement Committee is to help mitigate traffic congestion due to tour operations in the area and to improve vehicle and pedestrian safety while helping to support the continuing success of all tour operators within the Fisherman's Wharf Area.
Committee Information: the Transportation Improvement Committee meets on an as-needed basis, typically once every two months.
Chair: Hagen Choi, Tower Tours